Re: pg_restore 7.4.7 locks itself out

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_restore 7.4.7 locks itself out
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alban Hertroys <alban@magproductions.nl> writes:
> postgres 15092  0.0  0.3 43692 12924 ?       D    14:11   0:00 postgres:
> postgres vh3_live [local] INSERT

This process is not blocked on a lock: it's waiting for disk I/O.

Thoughts that come to mind include (1) it's going fine and you're not
patient enough; (2) something wrong with your disk drive; (3) DB is
mounted across NFS and you're having network problems.

> I suppose this may be fixed in a newer version, but our sysadmin'd
> prefer to stay with versions packaged by the distributor (Debian in this
> case).

If your sysadmin wants to use 7.4.7 rather than 7.4.<latest>, he needs
swift application of a cluestick.  I'll grant that there might be
application-compatibility reasons to stay on 7.4.*, but not to avoid
being up to date in that release series.  See
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/release-7-4-12.html
and following pages.

Сообщение: Re: Meaning of "loops" in EXPLAIN ANALYSE output
Сообщение: Re: Meaning of "loops" in EXPLAIN ANALYSE output