Re: [8.0.3] Not dumping all sequences ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [8.0.3] Not dumping all sequences ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Well, that second line is *definitely* a SERIAL column linkage.
>>
>> Is it possible they did "create table xa_url(id bigserial, ...)" and
>> then later changed the default expression for the column?

> 'k, am checking into this ... is it a simple matter of removing that
> second record above from pg_depend to "fix" the pg_dump issue, or
> something more involved then that?

AFAIR, removing that pg_depend entry would be enough to decouple the
sequence so it appears as an independent object in the pg_dump output.
However, I'm still wondering exactly what is wrong, if anything ---
does the pg_dump output not reload correctly?  If so, what happens
exactly when you try?

Сообщение: Re: [8.0.3] Not dumping all sequences ...
Сообщение: Re: [8.0.3] Not dumping all sequences ...