Re: new and old as parameter in a function

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: new and old as parameter in a function
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"Riccardo G. Facchini" <abief_ag_-postgresql@yahoo.com> writes:
> By Reading the documentation, I understand that I can write a PLPGSQL
> function that receives a parameter of type RECORD,

You misread it --- that's not presently supported.

regression=# create function foo(record) returns int as '
regression'# begin
regression'#   return $1.f1;
regression'# end' language plpgsql;
ERROR:  plpgsql functions cannot take type record

However you can make a plpgsql function that accepts a parameter of a
specific (named) rowtype:

regression=# create table fooey(f1 int, f2 text);
CREATE TABLE
regression=# create function foo(fooey) returns int as '
regression'# begin
regression'#   return $1.f1;
regression'# end' language plpgsql;
CREATE FUNCTION