Re: There's some sort of race condition with the new FSM stuff

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: There's some sort of race condition with the new FSM stuff
Дата
Re: There's some sort of race condition with the new FSM stuff  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Two different buildfarm machines are currently showing the same failure:
> ERROR:  could not fsync segment 0 of relation 1663/16384/29270/1: No such file or directory
> ERROR:  checkpoint request failed

Some tests show that when the serial regression tests are run in a
freshly initdb'd installation, HEAD assigns OID 29270 to "bmscantest"
in the bitmapops test.  So that's been dropped some time before the
failure occurs; which means that this isn't a narrow-window race
condition; which raises the question of why we're not seeing it on more
machines.  I notice now that kudu and dragonfly are actually the same
machine ... could this be an OS-specific problem?  Kris, has there been
any system-software change on that machine recently?

Сообщение: Re: TODO item: adding VERBOSE option to CLUSTER [with patch]
Сообщение: Re: TODO item: adding VERBOSE option to CLUSTER [with patch]