Re: pg_dump -Ft failed on Windows XP

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump -Ft failed on Windows XP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
>> Apparently it won't work at all if TMP
>> isn't set?

> I'm not *too* concerned about that, since TMP is normally set by the OS
> itself. There's one set in the "system environment" (to c:\windows\temp
> or whatrever) and then it's overridden by one set by the OS when it
> loads a user profile.

OK, then maybe not having it would be equivalent to /tmp-not-writable
on Unix, ie, admin error.

> Also to the point, what would you fall back to?

Current directory maybe?

Actually, the thing that struck me about the man page was that first
it said current dir was a fallback, and then it said it wasn't.  Is this
just typical Microsoft brain damage, or is there a reason to avoid using
current dir for this?