Re: bug tracking system

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: bug tracking system
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Feb 06, 2019 at 10:50:51PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I do have a modest proposal for improving things going forward.
>> How about, if a commit purports to fix a particular bug, that
>> we say "Fixes: https://postgr.es/m/<message-id>" in place of
>> our current habit of saying "Discussion: ...".

> Wouldn't it be the same as making the effort to have a proper
> "Reported-by" field for each actual bug fix then?

No, that'd be additional effort on top, which I'm not sure I see
a reason for.  Nobody's given a plausible reason why we need
a machine-readable way to identify the bug reporter's name from
the commit log.  And we get a fair number of reports with no name
or an obvious pseudonym, too, so how would you handle that?