Re: Shapes on the regression test for polygon

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Shapes on the regression test for polygon
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Emre Hasegeli <emre@hasegeli.com> wrote:
>> The first two shapes on src/test/regress/sql/polygon.sql do not make
>> sense to me.

> Well, I think the number of tabs that makes them look best depends on
> your tab-stop setting.  At present, I find that with 8-space tabs
> things seem to line up pretty well, whereas with your patch, 4-space
> tabs line up well.

Perhaps we should expand tabs to spaces in those ascii-art diagrams?

> Personally, though, my vote would be to just leave it the way it is.
> I don't think there's really a problem here in need of solving.

I concur with doubting that changing the actual regression test cases
is a good thing to do, at least not without more analysis.  But "the
pictures make no sense with the wrong tab setting" is a pretty simple
issue, and one that I can see biting people.