Re: BUG #17336: logtape sort performance and overflow

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17336: logtape sort performance and overflow
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> In logtape.c,

> * Each  `swap_nodes`  will execute assignment statement three times, while
> we only need execute once like in tuplesort.c

Yeah, that could be improved.  I see similar coding in binaryheap.c, too.

> * right_offset(unsigned i) parameter i seemed should be `unsigned long`

Ugh, that's surely wrong.  I don't know that anyone could get to >4G entries
in this heap, but it's still wrong.

Thanks for the report!

> Here's a patch

FYI, patches tend not to survive being passed through email unless
you add 'em as attachments.