Re: *_collapse_limit, geqo_threshold

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: *_collapse_limit, geqo_threshold
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Actually, if we were going to add fine-grained optimizer hints for
> this (which I'm not at all convinced is a good idea), I'd be tempted
> to go with what I saw a few years ago in SAP-DB (later rebranded as
> MySQL Max-DB): treat parentheses around JOIN operations as optimizer
> hints.

That's a *truly* horrid idea, as sometimes you need them simply to
get the precedence correct.  Such awful design from SAP doesn't surprise
me, and MySQL copying a bad idea surprises me even less, but let's not
go there.

Сообщение: Re: *_collapse_limit, geqo_threshold
Сообщение: Re: *_collapse_limit, geqo_threshold