Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at the end of relation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at the end of relation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com> writes:
> From: Andres Freund [mailto:andres@anarazel.de]
>> I hope you realize feature freeze is in a few hours...

> Ouch!  Could you take care of committing the patch, please?  I wouldn't be able to express the sadness and tiredness
justin case this is pushed to 13 because of the parameter name...

As far as I can see, the entire intellectual content of this patch
is in the names and behaviors of the user-visible options; there's
certainly no significant amount of new logic outside of that.

And, as far as I can see from a quick review of the thread,
we don't really have consensus on the names and behaviors.

So I think forcing this in a few hours before feature freeze
is a bad idea.  That isn't going to create consensus where
there was none before; it will just annoy people.

От: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki"
Сообщение: RE: Speed up transaction completion faster after many relations areaccessed in a transaction
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: lazy_scan_heap() forgets to mark buffer dirty when setting allfrozen?