Re: temp table "on commit delete rows": transaction overhead

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: temp table "on commit delete rows": transaction overhead
Дата
Re: temp table "on commit delete rows": transaction overhead
Список pgsql-performance
Artiom Makarov <artiom.makarov@gmail.com> writes:
> When temp tables with "on commit delete rows" exists, I can see a
> strange delay at any �begin� and �commit�.

A delay at commit is hardly surprising, because each such temp table
requires filesystem operations at commit (basically an "ftruncate").
I don't recall any operations at transaction start for such tables,
but there may be some.

Сообщение: Re: experiments in query optimization
Сообщение: Re: experiments in query optimization