Re: temp table "on commit delete rows": transaction overhead

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: temp table "on commit delete rows": transaction overhead
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

temp table "on commit delete rows": transaction overhead  (Artiom Makarov, )
 Re: temp table "on commit delete rows": transaction overhead  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: temp table "on commit delete rows": transaction overhead  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: temp table "on commit delete rows": transaction overhead  (Artiom Makarov, )

Artiom Makarov <> writes:
> When temp tables with "on commit delete rows" exists, I can see a
> strange delay at any �begin� and �commit�.

A delay at commit is hardly surprising, because each such temp table
requires filesystem operations at commit (basically an "ftruncate").
I don't recall any operations at transaction start for such tables,
but there may be some.