Re: The return value of SPI_connect

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: The return value of SPI_connect
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Hou, Zhijie" <houzj.fnst@cn.fujitsu.com> writes:
> May be we can make "int SPI_connect()" => "void SPI_connect()" and fix the doc ?

I don't see a lot of value in changing SPI_connect() in isolation.
It's part of an API suite that generally expects functions to
return error codes.

There was a previous thread [1] about getting rid of useless SPI
error codes across the board, in favor of having those functions
throw errors for error cases.  AFAICT nobody has reviewed the
proposed patch there, but maybe you'd like to?

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/cc57ea5c-592a-6c27-aca6-7ad2a166c379%40gmail.com