Re: RHEL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: RHEL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Lamar Owen <lowen@pari.edu> writes:
> The RHEL3 beta (taroon) had rh-postgresql-server built and included.  Does
> RHEL3 not include this package?

I have not actually installed RHEL3 to check, but my understanding is
that it's not there.  There was a last-minute decision taken to pull
PG and MySQL from the base distribution with the intent of packaging
them as a separate "layered product".  Latest word is that that plan
is off again, leaving us (RH) with no open-source database support
and lots of egg on our faces.  So yeah, I'm a bit annoyed.  I suppose
some RHEL3 packages will emerge from the mess eventually, but I don't
know exactly how or when.

I think it's important for the powers-that-be to realize that they are
not messing around with unimportant software that no one uses.  Thus
my encouragement to people to send in complaints.