Re: [HACKERS] Valgrind-detected bug in partitioning code

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Valgrind-detected bug in partitioning code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>>> Hmm.  That's bad.  I kind of wonder how sane it is to think that we
>>> can invoke SQL-callable functions during a relcache reload,

>> You're doing WHAT?

> Uh.  +1.

Now that I've calmed down a bit: the right way to do this sort of thing is
simply to flush the invalidated data during reload, and recompute it when
it is next requested, which necessarily will be inside a valid
transaction.  Compare e.g. the handling of the lists of a relation's