Re: [HACKERS] NOTICE: AbortTransaction and not in in-progress

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] NOTICE: AbortTransaction and not in in-progress
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kristofer Munn <kmunn@munn.com> writes:
> And in the system log I see:
>     FATAL 1:  transaction commit failed on magnetic disk
>     NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress

Ugh.  As near as I can tell, the "transaction commit failed" message
can only come out if fsync() returns a failure indication.  And that
basically shouldn't be happening, unless you've got flaky disk hardware.

> Any suggestions?

I'll bet it stops happening if you run with -o -F (no fsync) ;-).
But as for non-band-aid solutions, I haven't a clue.  Anyone?