Re: Pg7.1-beta and CVS psqlodbc.dll: No views

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Pg7.1-beta and CVS psqlodbc.dll: No views
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
"Joel Burton" <jburton@scw.org> writes:
> So, I compiled last night's CVS sources to create a new
> psqlodbc.dll. This works *great* -- for tables. I don't see any of the
> views (I did w/Pg7.0.2 and the stable 7.50 ODBC driver).

> I can see through the ODBC trace that the driver gets the tables
> with
> select relname, usename, relhasrules from pg_class, pg_user where
> relkind = 'r' and usesysid = relowner order by relname

> (relkind='r' is for normal tables, 'v' is for views).

That's correct now, but in prior releases relkind='r' was used for both
tables and views (you had to go looking for an ON SELECT rule to
discover that a view was a view).  It seems pretty likely that the ODBC
driver hasn't been fixed to know about this change :-(.  Feel free to
submit a patch...