Re: Win32 Thread safetyness

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Win32 Thread safetyness
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> Also, there doesn't seem to be a good way for users to know
>>> if libpq or ecpg was compiled to be thread-safe.
>>
>> Right. A runtime function for this might be a good thing? Like "bool
>> PQisThreadSafe()" or such?

> Yes, and a flag to ecpg.  Added to TODO:

Um, it's not clear *when* you need to know this:- application configure time?- application compile time?- application
linktime?- application run time?

Of those possibilities, "add a function" responds to only one, and it's
the one I can see least use-case for.  I should think that by run-time
it's probably too late to do much about it other than fail.

You can find out whether thread-safety was mentioned in our configure
settings by looking at the result of pg_config --configure.  This might
be enough for the find-out-at-configure-time case.