Re: pg_dump and grants to PUBLIC

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump and grants to PUBLIC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Blair Lowe <postgresql@zedemail.ca> writes:
> On Mon, 2006-08-05 at 15:54 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Do you mean pg_dumpall? Because pg_dump will ONLY dump the database you
>> specify, nothing else.

> That would be nice, but it is not true.

Joshua is 100% correct about this; I do not know what you are seeing
exactly, but your interpretation of it is wrong (unless someone has
actually substituted pg_dumpall for pg_dump on your machine).

My best theory at the moment is that somewhere along the way you (or
someone) mistakenly created a bunch of stuff in the template1
database, and it is therefore getting copied into any new databases
made by CREATE DATABASE.  See the discussion of template databases
in the manual.

If this is what has happened, it's possible to drop template1 and
recreate a pristine version from template0; there's a step-by-step
recipe on techdocs IIRC.

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump and grants to PUBLIC
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump and grants to PUBLIC