Re: Fixing order of resowner cleanup in 12, for Windows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fixing order of resowner cleanup in 12, for Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Right.  That's why I favor applying the change to move DSM cleanup to
> the end for now, and seeing how that goes.  It could be that we'll
> eventually discover that doing it before all of the AtEOXact_BLAH
> functions have had a short at doing their thing is still too early,
> but the only concrete problem that we know about right now can be
> solved by this much-less-invasive change.

But Amit's results say that this *doesn't* fix the problem that we know
about.  I suspect the reason is exactly that we need to run AtEOXact_Files
or the like before closing DSM.  But we should get some Windows developer
to trace through this and identify the cause for-sure before we go
designing an invasive fix.