Re: [HACKERS] Possible bug...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Possible bug...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gabriel Akos <gabriel@lhsystems.hu> writes:
> I did the regression tests, and int2 ant int4 failed, but int8 was ok.

They're probably OK, just platform-specific variations in error message
wording.  Did you examine regression.diffs?

> 1. I create a table with a primary key
> 2. With ALTER TABLE RENAME I change the name of the table...
> 3. The name of the primary key index does not follow the table...

It wouldn't, and doesn't need to.

> 4. When I try to remove the index, no success, even renaming the table
>    back does not help (is not possible)

ALTER TABLE RENAME is pretty broken, I think --- in current sources it
fails even worse than above.  (Looks like it needs to flush dirty
buffers for the rel before changing the name of the underlying Unix
files --- else mdblindwrt fails later on.)  You might find that killing
and restarting the postmaster will bring things back to a consistent
state.

In general, Postgres' support for ALTER TABLE is very weak; there are
a lot of cases that aren't handled correctly.  Perhaps someone will
step up to the plate and improve it someday.