Re: Add PQsendSyncMessage() to libpq

От Denis Laxalde
Тема Re: Add PQsendSyncMessage() to libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Paquier a écrit :
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2023 at 01:06:27PM +0200, Denis Laxalde wrote:
>> Thank you; this V2 looks good to me.
>> Marking as ready for committer.
>
> Please note that we are in a stabilization period for v16 and that the
> first commit fest of v17 should start in July, so it will perhaps take
> some time before this is looked at by a committer.

Yes, I am aware; totally fine by me.

> Speaking of which, what was the performance impact of your application
> once PQflush() was moved out of the pipeline sync?  Just asking for
> curiosity..

I have no metrics for that; but maybe Anton has some?
(In Psycopg, we generally do not expect users to handle the sync
operation themselves, it's done under the hood; and I only found one
situation where the flush could be avoided, but that's largely because
our design, there can be more in general I think.)