Re: [GENERAL] Fragments in tsearch2 headline

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Fragments in tsearch2 headline
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sushant Sinha <sushant354@gmail.com> writes:
> Sorry for the delay. Here is the patch with FragmentDelimiter option.
> It requires an extra option in HeadlineParsedText and uses that option
> during generateHeadline.

I did some editing of the documentation for this patch and noticed that
the explanation of the fragment-based headline method says
      If not all query words are found in the      document, then a single fragment of the first <literal>MinWords</>
  in the document will be displayed.

(That's what it says now, that is, based on my editing and testing of
the original.)  This seems like a pretty dumb fallback approach ---
if you have only a partial match, the headline generation suddenly
becomes about as stupid as it could possibly be.  I could understand
doing the above if the text actually contains *none* of the query
words, but surely if it contains some of them we should still select
fragments centered on those words.