Re: Allow peer/ident to fall back to md5?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Allow peer/ident to fall back to md5?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> At pgconf-eu �lvaro and I were discussing the idea of allowing 'peer'
> and 'ident' authentication to fall back to md5 if the peer/ident check
> failed.

I think it would be acceptable to define *new* auth modes that work
that way.  I'm violently against redefining the meaning of existing
pg_hba.conf entries like this: it's not terribly hard to imagine
cases where it'd be a security problem, and even if you claim it isn't,
people will get bent out of shape if they think you're poking holes
in their oh-so-carefully-chosen authentication arrangements.

> If anyone's concerned about that I think it'd be reasonable to
> add an option in pg_hba.conf to allow 'ident' and 'peer' to be qualified
> with a no_md5_fallback mode.

You've got that exactly backwards.