Re: Clarification on item on Todo List

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Clarification on item on Todo List
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tristan Wright <twright09@earlham.edu> writes:
> I am interested in this item on the list and its exact meaning:
> (Under "Data Types")
> - Fix data types where equality comparison is not intuitive, e.g. box

> Can you elaborate on this item, I particularly fail to see what is non-intuitive about box comparisons (and I suppose
othertypes where equalities are non-intuitive).

box_eq compares the boxes' areas.  The operator that most people would
consider to be "equality" is box_same (~=).  The reason this is on the
TODO is that nobody's figured out a way to swap the two operator names
without breaking applications.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: So, is COUNT(*) fast now?
От: Mark Hills
Сообщение: Multiple queries in transit