Re: Premature view materialization in 8.2?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Premature view materialization in 8.2?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@utahpython.org> writes:
> On 4/5/07, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Is this a regression, or a "feature" of 8.2?
>>
>> Hard to say without EXPLAIN ANALYZE output to compare.

> To my eye they are identical other than the speed but perhaps I am
> missing something.

Yeah, it sure is the same plan, and 8.2 seems to be a tad faster right
up to the hash join on user_id.  Is user_id a textual datatype?  I'm
wondering if the 8.2 installation is using a different locale --- the
speed of simple string comparisons can be horrifically worse in some
locales compared to others.