Re: Server crash with older tzload library

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Server crash with older tzload library
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeevan Chalke <jeevan.chalke@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> The upstream zoneinfo project just released a new tzcode version, 2010c.
> After syncing the code to this version does not lead to server crash. The
> new release is now initializing the tzstate variable with zeros to avoid any
> garbage values.

> PFA, patch which will bring us up-to date to 2010c.

I've applied the update to 2010c since that apparently fixes some
misbehaviors in obscure time zones (where is America/Godthab???).
However, the proposed addition of explicit clears of the tzstate
struct doesn't match any upstream change that I can see.  I inserted
explicit initializations to random data instead and still couldn't
provoke a crash.  While it seems harmless enough to explicitly zero
it, I'd like to see an instance of the reported crash, because I have
a feeling that the real problem you're dealing with is elsewhere.
If you can't provoke it reliably, maybe the zeroing didn't really
fix it.