Re: BEGIN EXCEPTION END - small bug?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BEGIN EXCEPTION END - small bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Daniel Schuchardt <daniel_schuchardt@web.de> writes:
> i tried a bit with errorhandling and found the following :
> (i want to ignore the dublicate key exception)

> ERROR:  SPI_prepare failed for "ROLLBACK": SPI_ERROR_TRANSACTION

You can't use ROLLBACK inside a plpgsql function.  I agree that this
error message leaves something to be desired, though.
[ ... sounds of hacking ... ]
Now it says

regression=# select test();
ERROR:  cannot begin/end transactions in PL/pgSQL
HINT:  Use a BEGIN block with an EXCEPTION clause instead.
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "test" line 5 at SQL statement
regression=#

That might still leave you a bit confused, since you *were* using
an EXCEPTION clause, but offhand it seems about the best we can do.