Re: WIP: About CMake v2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WIP: About CMake v2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Euler Taveira <euler@timbira.com.br> writes:
> On 26-11-2015 14:06, YUriy Zhuravlev wrote:
>> I meant that support for older versions of CMake I'll do when will implement
>> other functions.

> I think you don't understand the point: start with the *right* cmake
> version because you could have to redo (a lot of) your work or have your
> patch rejected because you don't follow our advice.

The way Yuriy wants to do it is not necessarily wrong.  He might end up
with cleaner code if he starts by making a cmake-3 implementation and then
figures out how to back-port to cmake-2, rather than starting with the
more limited language to begin with.

Or maybe not.  But I doubt it's open and shut.