Re: max_wal_senders must die

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: max_wal_senders must die
Дата
Re: max_wal_senders must die  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Re: max_wal_senders must die  (Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>>> Josh has completely failed to make a case that
>>> that should be the default.
>>
>> Agreed.

> In what way have a failed to make a case?

You're assuming that we should set up the default behavior to support
replication and penalize those who aren't using it.  Considering that
we haven't even *had* replication until now, it seems a pretty safe
bet that the majority of our users aren't using it and won't appreciate
that default.  We routinely expend large amounts of effort to avoid
cross-version performance regressions, and I don't see that this one
is acceptable when others aren't.

I entirely agree that it ought to be easier to set up replication.
But there's a difference between having a big red EASY button for people
to push, and pushing it for them.