Re: Database Corruption - last chance recovery options?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Database Corruption - last chance recovery options?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Best <mbest@pendragon.org> writes:
> Set your memory requirement too high in postgresql.conf, reload instead
> of restarting the database, it silently fails sometime later?

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me, since the reload is going to ignore any
changes related to resizing shared memory.  I think that 8.2 might warn
you that it was ignoring the un-applyable changes, but the warnings
would only go to the postmaster log, where they're easily missed :-(