Re: Let people set host(no)ssl settings from initdb

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Let people set host(no)ssl settings from initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> I've found myself writing a lot of boilerplate pg_hba.conf entries
> along the lines of
>     hostnossl    all     all     0.0.0.0/0      reject
>     hostssl      all     all     0.0.0.0/0      md5
> so I thought I'd make it easier to do that from initdb.
> What say?

I'm pretty suspicious of loading down initdb with random configuration
options, because I think most people nowadays use PG via vendor packages
that script their calls to initdb.  So an option like this doesn't help
unless you can persuade all those vendors to pass the option through.

That problem exists even before you get to the question of whether
this specific option is useful or well-designed ... a question I'm
not opining about here, but it would certainly require thought.