Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> I think as a community we can sometimes be a bit intolerant of people
> who don't do things exactly the right way and get themselves into
> trouble.

Casting aside the sweeping generalizations for a moment ... this is
about how much effort we are willing to put into making upgrades
bulletproof even for those who don't follow directions.  The proposed
change requires a major amount of work (if you don't think so, I will
merely suggest thinking about pg_get_expr and kin), and it doesn't fix
anything that's very interesting except to a small subset of users who
are willing to quote identifiers forever rather than rename to avoid new
reserved words.  The handwriting has been on the wall for WINDOW since
SQL:2003, no?