Re: [HACKERS] Interesting behaviour !

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Interesting behaviour !
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> But it's more likely that the parser is producing
>     int2toint4(var) int4eq int4constant
> in which case it would take some actual intelligence to decide that this
> could and should be converted to the other form.

Hmm, actually it seems to be producingvar int24eq int4constant
My first thought on seeing this was that int24eq didn't have an entry
in pg_amop, but it does.  So why doesn't the system realize it can use
an index scan?  This might be a relatively simple bug to fix after all,
but it needs more time to find exactly where things are going wrong...
and I have to get some Real Work done...