Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Joel Fradkin", )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Philip Hallstrom, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ( (), )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Bill Ewing, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Christopher Kings-Lynne, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Jeffrey Tenny, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Tobias Brox, )
   Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Michael Fuhr, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Alvaro Herrera, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Rod Taylor, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Christopher Browne, )
   Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Ron Mayer, )
    Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
   Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Jan Wieck, )
    Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Joel Fradkin", )
     Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
      Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Enrico Weigelt, )
       Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Mark Lewis, )
        Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Moises Alberto Lindo Gutarra, )

Ron Mayer <> writes:
> Christopher Browne wrote:
>> There is a common "use case" where MySQL(tm) ...
>> select * from some_table where id='some primary key value';

> However this is a quite common use-case; and I wonder what the
> best practices for postgresql is for applications like that.

Setting up a prepared statement should be a noticeable win for that sort
of thing.  Also of course there are the usual tuning issues: have you
picked an appropriate shared_buffers setting, etc.