Re: SETOF / SETS_FIXED?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SETOF / SETS_FIXED?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Joshua b. Jore" <josh@greentechnologist.org> writes:
> While I was poking throug the source to figure this out I ran
> across the SETS_FIXED declaration. It looks like that's been set on my
> OpenBSD installation but isn't in the stock 7.1.3.

I would certainly hope that SETS_FIXED is NOT set in *any* distribution.
That covers some code we disabled years ago because it was broken;
I see little prospect that it will ever be resurrected.

The behavior you want is not a "set" in Berkeley's terminology,
anyway.  That had to do with fields (attributes) whose values were
actually references to functions to call to produce the implied
set-of-rows value.

AFAIR, the existing support for functions-returning-SETOF only works
for SQL-language functions, or suitably coded C functions.