Re: maximum for auto_explain.log_min_duration doesn't seem to makesense

От Kevin Bloch
Тема Re: maximum for auto_explain.log_min_duration doesn't seem to makesense
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 02/23/2018 08:02 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 11:34 AM, Kevin Bloch <kev@codingthat.com
> <mailto:kev@codingthat.com>>wrote:
>
>     According to https://dba.stackexchange.com/a/198429/28774
>     <https://dba.stackexchange.com/a/198429/28774> , this setting maxes
>     out at INT_MAX / 1000, but since it's never multiplied by 1000 or
>     any other number, it seems it should perhaps just be INT_MAX
>

> ​I suspect that the counter to which that value is being compared also
> wants to be an INT and if one checks for "val > INT_MAX" then val cannot
> be restricted to an integer (and since we are capturing time we need
> some unknown buffer).

The unknown buffer is key here, it seems.  Thanks for clarifying.

> As for the post question: What can I do if I want to log even
> longer-running queries on a data warehouse?
>
> The answer is "nothing special, anything running longer than the
> supplied value will be logged".  What you cannot do is choose not to log
> a subset of queries that take longer INT_MAX/1,000 and less then
> infinity - once you hit INT_MAX/1,000 you must log it.

I had phrased that poorly, but you answered my actual meaning in the
end: A higher minimum isn't possible.

Thanks again,
Kev

> David J.

Сообщение: Re: maximum for auto_explain.log_min_duration doesn't seem to make sense
Сообщение: Re: maximum for auto_explain.log_min_duration doesn't seem to make sense