RE: Why does not subquery pruning conditions inherit to parentquery?

От Kato, Sho
Тема RE: Why does not subquery pruning conditions inherit to parentquery?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday, May 31, 2019 9:33 PM, David Rowley wrote:
> On Fri, 31 May 2019 at 03:18, Kato, Sho <kato-sho@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> > Is it possible to improve a subquery quals to pull up into outer query?
>
> Sure, it's possible, but it would require writing code. When it can and
> cannot/should not be done would need to be determined.

Is there any harmful effect by pulling up a subquery quals into outer query?

Even if this feature is not be needed, it will be a problem if user execute this query to a table partitioned into a
lot.
So, I think it would be better to put together a query that partition pruning does not work on the wiki.
Thoughts?

Regards,
kato sho