RE: Planning time of Generic plan for a table partitioned into a lot

От Kato, Sho
Тема RE: Planning time of Generic plan for a table partitioned into a lot
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday, November 30, 2018 3:44 PM, Amit Langote wrote:
> Yeah, maybe we haven't explained in the documentation where generic plans
> are described that making them for partitioned table is an expensive
> affair.

Will we improve creating the generic plan in the future?
For example, if there is UPDATE / DELETE run-time partition pruning, creating the generic plan will also be faster.

Although it may not be possible with PG 12, I think that it is necessary to improve it in the future.

Regards,
Sho Kato

Сообщение: Re: idle-in-transaction timeout error does not give a hint
Сообщение: Re: idle-in-transaction timeout error does not give a hint