Re: Inconsistent style in pgbench's error messages

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Inconsistent style in pgbench's error messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
>> Personally I think "pgbench: " adds very little and so I'd rather get
>> rid of it, but I'm sure others feel differently.

> I think that one of the reason for this is that once pgbench started to
> run it is desirable to differentiate error messages that come from libpq
> and those that come from pgbench itsef.

Don't really see the issue.  Errors reported by the server are easy to
distinguish by formatting (as long as we don't go out of our way to make
pgbench's errors look like them, which is one reason I do not like the
"HINT" proposal in the bug #12379 thread).  Errors reported by libpq
itself might look like they came from pgbench, but I don't exactly see
what's wrong with that.  I don't think users much care about the
difference, as long as they can tell server-side errors apart from
client-side errors.