Re: [BUGS] BUG #1347: Bulk Import stopps after a while ( 8.0.0.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #1347: Bulk Import stopps after a while ( 8.0.0.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> writes:
>     // To avoid this, we guess at how many queries we can send before the
>     // server -> driver stream's buffer is full (MAX_BUFFERED_QUERIES).

It seems essentially impossible for the driver to do this reliably,
since it has no clue how much data any one query will return.

How about instead thinking in terms of not filling the driver->server
channel?  You have a good handle on how much data you have sent (or at
least you could keep track of that), and if you bound it to 64K or so
then you should be safe.  Perhaps the limit ought to be easily
configurable just in case, but at least you'd be measuring something
measurable.