Re: pgsql: Compute XID horizon for page level index vacuum on primary.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Compute XID horizon for page level index vacuum on primary.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 12:15 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> My current inclination is to not do anything for v12. Robert, do you
>> disagree?

> Not strongly enough to argue about it very hard.  The current behavior
> is a little weird, but it's a long way from being the weirdest thing
> we ship, and it appears that we have no tangible evidence that it
> causes a problem in practice.

I think there's nothing that fails to suck about a hardwired "+ 10".

We should either remove that and use effective_io_concurrency as-is,
or decide that it's worth having a separate GUC for bulk operations.
At this stage of the cycle I'd incline to the former, but if somebody
is excited enough to prepare a patch for a new GUC, I wouldn't push
back on that solution.