Re: Patch application

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Patch application
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com> writes:
> In projects like gcc and the GNU binutils, we use a MAINTAINERS file.
> Some people have blanket write privileges.  Some people have write
> priviliges to certain areas of the code.  Anybody else needs a patch
> to be approved before they can check it in.  Patches which are
> ``obviously correct'' are always OK.

Would you enlarge on what that fourth sentence means in practice?

Seems like the sticky issue here is what constitutes "approval".
We already have a policy that changes originating from non-committers
are supposed to be reviewed before they get applied, but what Bruce
is worried about is the quality of the review process.