Re: plruby: rb_iterate symbol clash with libruby.so

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: plruby: rb_iterate symbol clash with libruby.so
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Pavel Raiskup <praiskup@redhat.com> writes:
> On Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:28:21 PM CET Tom Lane wrote:
>> Done.  I realized that the immediate problem, rb_iterate(), was only
>> added as of PG v10, which may explain why we hadn't heard complaints
>> about this till now.  So I've made the change only as far back as v10.

> The 'rb_iterate' seems to exist at least in REL9_2_STABLE branch, so it is
> probably much older.

Oh!  Hmm ... I think I jumped to conclusions when the part of my patch
that touched struct RBTreeIterator failed to apply.  But you're right,
rb_iterate has been there since 9.0 now that I look more carefully.
So we really ought to back-patch further.  However:

> That
> said, I'm still not sure how this could work before ...  Maybe it has not
> been working for some time.

Yeah, I'm now mighty confused about this as well.  PL/Ruby is pretty old
too, so how come nobody noticed this before?  Is its rb_iterate call in
someplace that hardly gets any use?