Re: flex/bison output wrongly created in the source directory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: flex/bison output wrongly created in the source directory
Дата
Re: flex/bison output wrongly created in the source directory  (Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Warren Turkal" <wturkal@gmail.com> writes:
> I was wondering if there is a reason that the flex and bison and other
> generated source files end up in the source directory when doing an
> out-of-tree build. Would a patch that puts those files in the build
> trees be accepted?

Probably not, since our intention is that those files be distributed as
part of source tarballs.

Also, since they are (or should be) architecture-independent, what's the
point?  Out-of-tree builds are intended to support building for multiple
architectures in parallel; but there's no reason to force independent
reconstructions of these common derived files.

Сообщение: Re: operator suggest " interval / interval = numeric"
Сообщение: Re: operator suggest " interval / interval = numeric"