Re: Trouble with Connection

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Trouble with Connection
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> Robby Tanner wrote:
>> I think the server engine is Postgres95.

> The current odbc driver doesn't support Postgres95.

I'm amazed there are still any running copies of Postgres95.  Are you
holding it till the Smithsonian comes for it?  :-)

Anyway, you should certainly not think in terms of using ODBC for an
upgrade.  pg_dump, install new version, run pg_dump script is the thing
to do.  Be advised that Postgres95 -> current is a large jump.  There is
probably no hope that your dump script will load without manual editing.
(If the PG95 pg_dump supports dumping schema and data separately, I'd
advise doing it that way, since your editing will probably all be of
the schema declarations.)