Re: [HACKERS] pgbench: Skipping the creating primary keys after initialization

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pgbench: Skipping the creating primary keys after initialization
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] pgbench: Skipping the creating primary keys after initialization  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 9:49 PM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to propose a new option -I for pgbench command which skips
>> the creating primary keys after initialized tables.

> I support adding an option for this, but I propose that we just make
> it a long-form option, similar to --log-prefix or --index-tablespace.

I think we could probably do without this ... if you want a non-default
test setup, why do you need to use "pgbench -i" to create it?

It's not that there's anything greatly wrong with this particular idea,
it's just that pgbench has too many switches already, and omitting random
subsets of the initialization actions doesn't seem like it contributes
fundamental new benchmarking capability.

I could get behind a proposal that generalized pgbench's "-i" behavior
in some meaningful way.  I wonder whether it would be possible to convert
that behavior into a script.  Some of what it does is just SQL commands
with injected parameters, which pgbench does already.  There's also
data-loading actions, which could be converted to backslash commands
perhaps.  Then desires like this could be addressed by invoking a
customized script instead of complicating pgbench's option set.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pgbench: Skipping the creating primary keys after initialization
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pgbench: Skipping the creating primary keys afterinitialization