Re: buildfarm failures after pgstat patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: buildfarm failures after pgstat patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 01:45:45AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Yeah, just saw that myself.  Fixed the backend-side problem, but it
>> would be interesting to find out what ECPG is doing that wasn't exposed
>> by the core regression tests ... maybe we need another regression test.

> Don't see anything that special before the backend crashes.

Actually, what was provoking it was that several of the ECPG tests
disconnect in the middle of a transaction, which was exposing the fact
that pgstat's on_proc_exit hook ran before we'd performed the abort
in ShutdownPostgres.  The Asserts I'd sprinkled in there to test the
transaction-awareness logic were unhappy.  The visible failure would
be at some random later point, when the crash-recovery logic killed the
backend running the next test.

Is it worth adding something to the regular regression tests to exercise
that code path?