Re: Suggested TODO: allow ALTERing of typemods without heap/index rebuild

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Suggested TODO: allow ALTERing of typemods without heap/index rebuild
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> Yeah, this has been discussed before; I think it's even in the TODO
>> list.

> I couldn't find it.  At least, not under data types, and also not with
> the keyword "typemod".  Anyone see it?

It's the last item under ALTER:

* Don't require table rewrite on ALTER TABLE ... ALTER COLUMN TYPE, when the old and new data types are binary
compatiblehttp://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/200903040137.n241bAUV035002@wwwmaster.postgresql.orghttp://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-10/msg00154.php