Re: [proposal] protocol extension to support loadable stream filters

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: [proposal] protocol extension to support loadable stream filters
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-hackers

Brent Verner <> writes:
>   I'd like to introduce the concept of (dynamically loaded) stream
> filters that would be used to wrap calls to send/recv by the FE/BE
> protocol.

I think the "dynamically loaded" part of that is going to be way more
headache than it's worth.  You certainly don't get to have any help
from the database, for example, since you're not connected to it
at the time of the connection startup.  I also wonder what happens when
the client and server disagree on the meaning of a filter name.  It
would seem a lot safer to stick to the existing, low-tech, non dynamic
approach.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-hackers по дате сообщения: