Re: upping checkpoints on production server

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: upping checkpoints on production server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> In .conf file I have default checkpoints set to 3, but I noticed that in
> my pg_xlog directory I always seem to have at least 8 log files. Since
> this is more than the suggested 7, I'm wondering if this means I ought
> to bump my checkpoint segments up to 4?

Hm.  What is the typical delta in the mod times of the log files?  It
sounds like you are in a regime where checkpoints are always triggered
by checkpoint_segments and never by checkpoint_timeout, in which case
increasing the former might be a good idea.  Or decrease the latter,
but that could put a drag on performance.